Kenton Evangelical Church started life as a group of Christian believers meeting in a house in Tenby Avenue, Kenton on the morning of Sunday 18th March 1934.
The following week the Co-Operative Society Hall on the corner of Westfield Lane was hired for Sunday services and a Sunday School in the afternoon.
By 1937, meetings had moved to an ex-Army hut in the grounds of Westfield House on Charlton Road. When the site of Westfield House was sold the church bought part of it and the foundation stone for the current building was laid on 23rd August 1958, with the final opening and dedication service taking place on 24th January 1959.
We've seen a lot of changes over the past 78 years; everything from musical styles to the population of the area. But what has remained a constant is the good news of Jesus Christ which has been taught and preached at Kenton Evangelical Church throughout the years - and that is the story that we would really love to share with you.